Thursday, August 8, 2013

Now Is The Time: Making Decisions and Taking Action



" I know for sure that what we dwell on is who we become." - Oprah Winfrey

   Over the past couple of days I have struggled in deciding what to write as my next post. But just a few days ago I received some good news about someone in my family and it made me very happy. The story goes a little something like this. Some odd years ago one of my uncles attended Norfolk State University but did not finish his journey there. Over the years he has worked hard to be the best that he could be and never strayed away from a challenge. But in the past few months he has decided that it was time to make a change for the better and to FINISH what he started and continue to pursue his bachelors degree. I don't think words can explain how happy and proud I am of my uncle. So what is the moral of this post? Well I shall tell you. 

   On this day I'm challenging not only myself but anyone who may read this post to make a decision and take action. I don't know what may be standing in your way at this moment in time, but now is the time to decide!!!! Make a change in your life that will better prepare you for what you want to do and not for what others want you to do. Oprah said it best when she said "what we dwell on is who we become." So let me ask you, will you dwell on who you once were or will you take the lessons of your past and use them to push yourself forward in a new direction? Dwell on GREATNESS and EXCELLENCE, not on mediocrity. I think one of the greatest things that my aunt told me once is "it's hard to start new but you do not want to become complacent in what you're doing."


   Don't become stagnant, do not settle for things that are less than what you can accomplish, Now is the time!!!!!! Often times we fall victim to our "darkest thoughts"....Can I talk to somebody??? We tell people that we don't care what others think about us. But in the end we lie to ourselves sometimes. Decide today not to let what people say get you down, but take what they have said and learn from it. Then once you have done that MOVE ON and become better!!! Aristotle was once said "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit". So let me ask you what will you repeatedly do?? Now is the time. 

   I don't care if today you decide to be a better babysitter, a better parent, a better christian, a better friend, or just a better you. But it is time to make a decision, take action and become excellence!!!!! Don't do this for others but do it for yourself. Do this so that when you look in the mirror at the end of the day you are happy with what you see. Do not become stagnant. do not become complacent. Make a change for the better today for now is the time!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment