Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Faithful and Unfaithful; An Honest Man


"Confidence... thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Faithful protection and unselfish performance. A man is someone who protects and cares for his household through the good times and adversity. The definition of faithful states a firm adherence to PROMISES or in observance of duty. Faithful to promises and duty. As I sit here I can remember a time when I encountered the unfaithful. I have never been fond of those who do not hold on to the promises that they make regardless of how big or small they may be. I can think back to a time when a promise was made but was not kept. This is the part where I ask "Can I get a Witness?" in my southern pastors voice. But this seriously bothered me as it should to most people. A basic lesson of life, do not make a promise that you can not keep.

Enough rambling about my past. What does it take to be a faithful, honest man. The first thing, have the decency to show up. Now you can interpret that in any way you want. If something is bothering you and you know its wrong, speak up. Now I will admit that speaking up is often hard when you wish to avoid confrontation but sometimes it just has to be done. The respect of women and yourself. Now I do not care what society or your friends may say, being loose as a man is not appealing. People have this idea that numerous sexual exploits as a guy makes you more of a man. Tell me who told you such a things? To me that's just something guys do to have something to talk about with their "boys". It sounds more like the actions taken to FIT IN with others, but yet people say they want to be different. 

Are you a faithful or unfaithful man? 

A faithful and honest man works for the life he wishes for. He accomplishes his goals with out selling his morals and without treacherous acts. He fights for his belief without violence. He leads by example and is not afraid to help those who truly need it. He believes in doing the right thing even when the world says its stupid. He knows when to remain quiet. He is kind and gentle for those who he loves. He is a PROTECTOR!!!! 

These traits and many more are passed down through example. This all starts with a father and his son. I know there are some who will disagree but I truly believe that every boy needs his dad. I say this because though a mother is a strong individual for raising a son, there are certain things that a mother just can not do for a young man. So to the fathers out there, be apart of your sons life, though he may try and distance himself from you that is your boy. Take care of him and show him the RIGHT way to be a man. We are what we repeatedly do. So make a change to be a Honest, Faithful men and these traits will pass from generation to generations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment